How it Works
The MAID intellectual property may be utilized for marine applications when docking and positioning commercial marine vessels in international ports and locations around the world. The IP enables the vessel to autonomously approach a desired docking location utilizing the vessels drive systems to precisely control its movement to the targeted location, while autonomously overcoming external variables such as wind and water currents.
The MAID IP is comprehensive and innovative. In the technological applications of the IP, all components are integrated within the vessel with no external equipment required on the dock, thereby providing the versatility to operate with precision at any dock, in any marina, day or night, anywhere in the world.
Applicable Features of The MAID IP
To accurately control the velocity of the vessel and calculate a safe path of travel to deliver the vessel precisely, carefully and error free in docking or positioning operations, overcoming adverse external variables that affect the motion of the vessel.
Incorporating a range of optical photographic and night sensing technologies enabling environmental awareness using 360-degree photographic mapping sensors.
For the PCU to receive and memorize signals from the sensors, determining the distance and direction of the docking or positioning location and calculate a collision free path of travel.
For the PCU to engage the drive systems to maneuver the vessel to follow a safe path of travel at a controlled velocity, utilizing accident avoidance to the selected (or memorized) target location.
Benefits provided by the MAID IP:
- Enhances safety
- Protects vessel
- Protects dock and external structures
- Operator confidence
- No stress or anxiety during docking
- Less dependence on operator skill and experience
- Reduced insurance claims
- Saves time
- Reduced costs
Applicable features of the MAID IP:
- Fully autonomous operation
- Computer controlled precision
- Simple operation
- Overcomes external variables such as wind and water currents autonomously
- Multiple docking and positioning applications
- Operates at any dock or alongside any external structure in the world
- Operates day or night
- Validates target location area can accommodate dimensions of the vessel
- Engages autonomously when approaching a memorized location
Size and type of vessel applications for MAID IP:
- Merchant ships
- Offshore service vessels
- Cargo and container ships
- Passenger ferry vessels
- Commercial fishing vessels
- Passenger cruise liners
- Harbor traffic service vessels
- Paramilitary vessels
- Mega yachts
- Recreational vessels